Yechury slams JMM for `political trading`
Dhanbad: CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury on Saturday accused JMM of having a history of "political trading", a day before the party scheduled a crucial meeting to discuss BJP`s rejection of any power sharing formula with it.
"JMM has a long tradition of trading in politics. First, it traded to save the erstwhile PV Narasimha Rao government in the 1990s, and now it is indulging with BJP in Jharkhand," he said here.
Addressing a gathering at the Town Hall as part of the birth centenary celebration of party ideologue P Sundarayya, Yechury blamed JMM for the current political impasse in the state.
On Christmas day, JMM leader and Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren asked Chief Minister Arjun Munda to clear his stand on JMM`s claim over a power sharing formula.
Munda had on Thursday sent a reply in writing what he and the BJP have been saying that there was no such understanding when the two allies formed government under his leadership on September 11, 2010.
JMM is in the ministry under BJP leadership and supports Congress at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital