Yechury slams JMM for `political trading`
Dhanbad: CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury on Saturday accused JMM of having a history of "political trading", a day before the party scheduled a crucial meeting to discuss BJP`s rejection of any power sharing formula with it.
"JMM has a long tradition of trading in politics. First, it traded to save the erstwhile PV Narasimha Rao government in the 1990s, and now it is indulging with BJP in Jharkhand," he said here.
Addressing a gathering at the Town Hall as part of the birth centenary celebration of party ideologue P Sundarayya, Yechury blamed JMM for the current political impasse in the state.
On Christmas day, JMM leader and Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren asked Chief Minister Arjun Munda to clear his stand on JMM`s claim over a power sharing formula.
Munda had on Thursday sent a reply in writing what he and the BJP have been saying that there was no such understanding when the two allies formed government under his leadership on September 11, 2010.
JMM is in the ministry under BJP leadership and supports Congress at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon