BJP fighting unitedly in Bellary: Ananth Kumar
Bellary: BJP leader Ananth Kumar on Sunday asserted
that party was fighting the bypoll to the Bellary rural
assembly segment unitedly and the unity will bring them
"We are all campaigning together. We are a united party.
Definitely BJP will win in Bellary. It is the strength of
unity- strength of BJP that is going to win", he told
He was responding to a question whether he was happy about
former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, with whom he is
reportedly having strained relations, campaigning in Bellary
for the November 30 bypoll.
On whether Reddy brothers were being targeted after
Sreeramulu`s resignation as a BJP MLA, Kumar said "here the
battle lines are drawn.And BJP is contesting a battle here- an
election here. Both Congress and JD(s) have come together and
they have proved themselves that they are two faces of the
same coin. We want to show the people- that Congress- means
Vinash (destruction) and BJP means Vikas (development).
On Congress calling it a "two-way contest" between
them and the BJP and Sreeramulu a "poor third", he said
"couple of days later, people are going to express their
mandate and every time it is said that this will happen to BJP
and that will happen to BJP."
"Since 1991, BJP is on a winning spree in Karnataka and
this time also we’ve won all the bye-elections, we have won
all the major elections...", he said, claiming that BJP would
win this time also.
Meanwhile,veteran Congress Leader and former Union
Minister Jaffer Sharief slammed the BJP Government while
campaigning for the bypoll.
He said the voters should "reject BJP for undermining
democratic principles and giving impetus to feudal powers in
Sharief alleged that money power had undermined the
democratic set up in Bellary and the elections were "always
influenced by those who indulged in illegal mining.`
The bypoll is witnessing a triangular fight between BJP,
Congress and Sreeramulu who is fighting as an independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...