CBI dismisses bail pleas of Reddy and 4 others
Bangalore: A CBI court on Wednesday dismissed the bail pleas of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khjan and three others arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving Associated Mining Corporation.
Judge B M Angadi dismissed the petitions on the ground that the accused had committed an economic offence of "high magnitude affecting the very economy of the country".
In its order, the court said as the matter was under investigation, the possibility of the accused tampering with evidence or threatening the witnesses cannot be ruled out.
The judge then adjourned the matter to June 5.
The court had on May 23 extended till June 5 the judicial custody of Reddy and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured