CBI dismisses bail pleas of Reddy and 4 others
Bangalore: A CBI court on Wednesday dismissed the bail pleas of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khjan and three others arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving Associated Mining Corporation.
Judge B M Angadi dismissed the petitions on the ground that the accused had committed an economic offence of "high magnitude affecting the very economy of the country".
In its order, the court said as the matter was under investigation, the possibility of the accused tampering with evidence or threatening the witnesses cannot be ruled out.
The judge then adjourned the matter to June 5.
The court had on May 23 extended till June 5 the judicial custody of Reddy and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city