Compensation given to kin of Naxal attack victim
Udupi: Karnataka Government Thursday offered Rs
three lakh solatium to the family of Sadashiva Gowda, who was allegedly gunned down by Naxals recently in Hebri forests near
DGP Shankar Bidari handed over the cheque to Gowda`s mother, which was immediately deposited in a post office account.
Gowda, a police informant, was abducted by naxals and his
bullet-ridden body was discovered in the forest area
on December 28.
Bidari gave a call to Naxals to give up arms and join
Police will continue efforts to weed out Naxal menace in
the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'