Janardhana Reddy files petition
Bangalore: Mining baron and former Karnataka Tourism minister G Janardhana Reddy on Tuesday filed a petition in the High Court seeking quashing of the CBI probe against him in connection with illegal mining activity of the Associated Mining Company, owned by him and his wife.
In his criminal petition, which came up before Justice N Ananda, Reddy also prayed for interim stay on the CBI probe till the plea filed by former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on the report on illegal mining submitted by former Lokayukta Santosh Hegde is disposed of.
The court adjourned the petition to next week. Reddy appeared before the CBI Court here on March 2 in connection with the case and was remanded to CBI custody till March 12.
The former minister was brought here from Chanchalaguda prison in Hyderabad where he has been lodged along with his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy since September 5 last after his arrest by CBI in "illegal" mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company.
The CBI had last December charge sheeted the Reddy’s and three others in the OMC case accusing them of doctoring documents and hatching a conspiracy along with some public servants violating mining lease agreements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday