Nigerian held for selling drugs in Bangalore
Bangalore: A 29-year-old Nigerian man has
been arrested for allegedly selling drugs and several lakhs of
narcotic drugs were recovered from him, police said on Saturday.
Seventy three grams of cocaine, some powder and capsules
of MDA (a narcotic) and two mobile phones were seized from
Oniyama Innocent Iffchukwa, they said.
Iffchukwa was allegedly selling drugs in Udayanagar in
Mahadevapura locality here. He had arrived in India in 2009 on
a business visa, police said.
After suffering heavy losses in business, Iffchukwa had,
along with friends, started selling drugs in Mumbai, they
added. His visa had expired in May 2009. He had come to
Bangalore a month ago, police said.
Iffchukwa`s friend who assisted him in selling drugs is
absconding and efforts are on to apprehend him, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- Eating out, mobile bills, internet, travelling set to get costlier from June 1
- 7 hot tips to stay fit and healthy!
- Barack Obama lays wreath at Hiroshima Memorial, says death fell from the sky and the world changed
- North Korea slams Obama's 'childish' Hiroshima visit