Nigerian held for selling drugs in Bangalore
Bangalore: A 29-year-old Nigerian man has
been arrested for allegedly selling drugs and several lakhs of
narcotic drugs were recovered from him, police said on Saturday.
Seventy three grams of cocaine, some powder and capsules
of MDA (a narcotic) and two mobile phones were seized from
Oniyama Innocent Iffchukwa, they said.
Iffchukwa was allegedly selling drugs in Udayanagar in
Mahadevapura locality here. He had arrived in India in 2009 on
a business visa, police said.
After suffering heavy losses in business, Iffchukwa had,
along with friends, started selling drugs in Mumbai, they
added. His visa had expired in May 2009. He had come to
Bangalore a month ago, police said.
Iffchukwa`s friend who assisted him in selling drugs is
absconding and efforts are on to apprehend him, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'