Nigerian held for selling drugs in Bangalore
Bangalore: A 29-year-old Nigerian man has
been arrested for allegedly selling drugs and several lakhs of
narcotic drugs were recovered from him, police said on Saturday.
Seventy three grams of cocaine, some powder and capsules
of MDA (a narcotic) and two mobile phones were seized from
Oniyama Innocent Iffchukwa, they said.
Iffchukwa was allegedly selling drugs in Udayanagar in
Mahadevapura locality here. He had arrived in India in 2009 on
a business visa, police said.
After suffering heavy losses in business, Iffchukwa had,
along with friends, started selling drugs in Mumbai, they
added. His visa had expired in May 2009. He had come to
Bangalore a month ago, police said.
Iffchukwa`s friend who assisted him in selling drugs is
absconding and efforts are on to apprehend him, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters