Porngate: Minister wanted dress code for women!
Bangalore: In a case of the pot calling the kettle black, CC Patil, who quit as Karnataka`s women and child development minister Wednesday for viewing porn in the assembly, had donned the role of the moral police just about a month back.
He had advocated a dress code for women, saying skimpy attire invites sexual assault.
As his statement evoked strong protests from civil society groups and disapproval from Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, Patil fell back on the usual explanation -- that he had been misquoted.
Patil and Laxman Savadi, who has quit as cooperation and agricultural marketing minister, were caught watching a porn clip in the assembly Tuesday on the cellphone of J Krishna Palemar, who has stepped down as environment and ports minister.
The three resignations Wednesday have taken to four the number of BJP ministers to lose office over sex related issues.
Haratalu Halappa quit as food and civil supplies minister in 2010 after he was accused of raping his friend`s wife.
BJP legislator M.P. Renukacharya, now the excise minister, has been accused by a nurse, Jayalakshmi, of sexually harassing her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress