‘Action will taken against crew of ICG ship’
Rameswaram: Severe action would be taken against crew of the Indian Coast Guard ship that collided with a fishing boat following which a fisherman drowned in the sea off Pamban coast on Friday, Tamil Nadu Handloom and Textiles Minister S Sundarraj said here on Sunday.
The minister handed over a cheque for Rs five lakh to the father of the drowned fisherman Calvin (19).
"Severe action will be taken as per law against he crew of the ICG ship", he told reporters afer vising Calvin`s house.
Sunderraj said he would recommend to the Chief Minister to provide government job for one member of the family of Calvin.
Police had yesterday registered a case under section 337 of the IPC (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) against the crew of the ship on a complaint from fishermen.
The country boat was carrying five fishermen from Pamban when the ship allegedly collided with it, resulting in the vessel breaking into two pieces. Four of them were rescued by fishermen of another boat while Calvin drowned.
The rescued fishermen alleged their boat was hit by an Indian Coast Guard ship, which was patrolling in the area. They claimed the ship did not stop after the incident.
However, a senior Coast Guard official denied involvement of their ship in the mishap.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh