Azeez elected RSP state secretary
Alappuzha: AA Azeez, MLA, representing Eravipuram assembly segment in Kollam district, has been elected as the Kerala unit secretary of the Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP).
He replaces V P Ramakrishna Pillai, who initially wanted to contest for the post, but later backtracked sensing the mood of delegates at the state conference of the party which ended here last evening.
Party sources said the election was unanimous with party state secretariat members K S Venugopal proposing and N K Premachandran seconding the name of Azeez.
Party sources said there was criticism at the conference on the lack of internal democracy in the Left Democratic Front (LDF) headed by the CPI-M. The delegates also came out against Pillai, who failed to get from the LDF more seats for the party to contest in the last assembly poll.
The conference also elected a 46-member state committee, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon