Azeez elected RSP state secretary
Alappuzha: AA Azeez, MLA, representing Eravipuram assembly segment in Kollam district, has been elected as the Kerala unit secretary of the Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP).
He replaces V P Ramakrishna Pillai, who initially wanted to contest for the post, but later backtracked sensing the mood of delegates at the state conference of the party which ended here last evening.
Party sources said the election was unanimous with party state secretariat members K S Venugopal proposing and N K Premachandran seconding the name of Azeez.
Party sources said there was criticism at the conference on the lack of internal democracy in the Left Democratic Front (LDF) headed by the CPI-M. The delegates also came out against Pillai, who failed to get from the LDF more seats for the party to contest in the last assembly poll.
The conference also elected a 46-member state committee, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt