Azeez elected RSP state secretary
Alappuzha: AA Azeez, MLA, representing Eravipuram assembly segment in Kollam district, has been elected as the Kerala unit secretary of the Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP).
He replaces V P Ramakrishna Pillai, who initially wanted to contest for the post, but later backtracked sensing the mood of delegates at the state conference of the party which ended here last evening.
Party sources said the election was unanimous with party state secretariat members K S Venugopal proposing and N K Premachandran seconding the name of Azeez.
Party sources said there was criticism at the conference on the lack of internal democracy in the Left Democratic Front (LDF) headed by the CPI-M. The delegates also came out against Pillai, who failed to get from the LDF more seats for the party to contest in the last assembly poll.
The conference also elected a 46-member state committee, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'