Azeez elected RSP state secretary
Alappuzha: AA Azeez, MLA, representing Eravipuram assembly segment in Kollam district, has been elected as the Kerala unit secretary of the Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP).
He replaces V P Ramakrishna Pillai, who initially wanted to contest for the post, but later backtracked sensing the mood of delegates at the state conference of the party which ended here last evening.
Party sources said the election was unanimous with party state secretariat members K S Venugopal proposing and N K Premachandran seconding the name of Azeez.
Party sources said there was criticism at the conference on the lack of internal democracy in the Left Democratic Front (LDF) headed by the CPI-M. The delegates also came out against Pillai, who failed to get from the LDF more seats for the party to contest in the last assembly poll.
The conference also elected a 46-member state committee, the sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees