Chandrasekharan murder: Culprits will be booked, says CM
Kannur: Expressing satisfaction over the progress of investigation into the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said the aim of the Government was to bring the culprits to book.
"People involved even if they are prominent people, they will be brought to book," Chandy told reporters here.
He said law would take its own course and there will not be any compromise on it.
Chandrasekharan was a party leader who had no personal enemies and was loved by the entire village and such a leader was brutally hacked to death, he said.
His body had 51 cut injuries, he said, adding, the incident was a shame on Kerala.
Expressing satisfaction over the progress of the probe into the murder, Chandy said "no time limit has been fixed for bringing out the culprits and all those behind the murder."
To a query on CPI(M) State Secretary, Pinarayi Vijayan`s remarks at Thrissur recently that all betrayers of the party were `Kulam Kuthis` (one who works against his own clan), Chandy said in his opinion, it was "a cruel remark."
Public workers themselves had to decide on the choice of words and the occasion, he said.
On the rift between Kerala Congress (B) leader R Balakrishna Pillai and his son and Kerala Forests Minister, K B Ganeshkumar, Chandy said KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala and he himself had held discussions with both earlier and had even arrived at an agreement."However, if there is any lapse we will examine it," Chandy said.
Chandrasekharan, who was returning to his residence near Vadakara in Kozhikode district on a two-wheeler, was hacked to death by some unidentified assailants on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends