CM asked to take over SC/ST portfolio
Thiruvananthapuram: Three scheduled castes and Tribes outfits have urged the Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to take over the SC/ST welfare portfolio to ensure proper utilisation of funds meant for these sections.
The present SC/ST minister P K Jayalakshmi had failed to utilise funds worth Rs 20 crore allotted to the scheduled classes, Adivasi Gothra Maha Sabha leader C K Janu, SC/ST development council chairman K K Narayanan and Land Reforms Committee convenor M Geethanandan said in a statement here.
The minister, however, squandered Rs 2 crore allotted for the tribal festival `Gothrayanam` held at Mananthavady recently, they alleged.
No rehabilitation scheme for scheduled classes was taken up this year though the budget had set apart Rs 20 crore for the purpose. There were 85,000 landless tribals in the state, the statement said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users