Judicial custody of Italian Marines extended
Thiruvananthapuram: A court in Kerala on Monday extended till April 16 the judicial custody of two Italian Marines arrested for allegedly shooting dead two Indian fishermen in February.
They have been lodged at the Central Prison here. Following the new order, their remand will continue.
Marines Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone were first sentenced by the court for 14 days custody Feb 20 and police were given three days to interrogate them.
Both the marines were produced in court Monday.
The court Monday granted permission to police to question them Tuesday in the prison.
Indian fishermen Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45, were allegedly mistaken as pirates and shot dead by the Italians who were on the security crew of cargo vessel Enrica Lexie Feb 15, off Alappuzha in Kerala.
The detention of the Italians has created a chill in India-Italy ties.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Ahead of his Una visit, Kejriwal urges all communities to come together against Gujarat's BJP
- Female birds call the shots to break-up
- My father cut me off when I was 18: Sonam Kapoor
- Explore new friends on 'Tinder Social' in India now
- Bhagwant Mann posts video of security pickets on way to Parliament; MPs attack AAP lawmaker