Judicial custody of Italian Marines extended
Thiruvananthapuram: A court in Kerala on Monday extended till April 16 the judicial custody of two Italian Marines arrested for allegedly shooting dead two Indian fishermen in February.
They have been lodged at the Central Prison here. Following the new order, their remand will continue.
Marines Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone were first sentenced by the court for 14 days custody Feb 20 and police were given three days to interrogate them.
Both the marines were produced in court Monday.
The court Monday granted permission to police to question them Tuesday in the prison.
Indian fishermen Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45, were allegedly mistaken as pirates and shot dead by the Italians who were on the security crew of cargo vessel Enrica Lexie Feb 15, off Alappuzha in Kerala.
The detention of the Italians has created a chill in India-Italy ties.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May