Judicial custody of Italian Marines extended
Thiruvananthapuram: A court in Kerala on Monday extended till April 16 the judicial custody of two Italian Marines arrested for allegedly shooting dead two Indian fishermen in February.
They have been lodged at the Central Prison here. Following the new order, their remand will continue.
Marines Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone were first sentenced by the court for 14 days custody Feb 20 and police were given three days to interrogate them.
Both the marines were produced in court Monday.
The court Monday granted permission to police to question them Tuesday in the prison.
Indian fishermen Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45, were allegedly mistaken as pirates and shot dead by the Italians who were on the security crew of cargo vessel Enrica Lexie Feb 15, off Alappuzha in Kerala.
The detention of the Italians has created a chill in India-Italy ties.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof