Mahout electrocuted while riding on elephant
Pathanamthitta: A 40-year-old mahout was
electrocuted while riding atop a temple elephant at Vallikkod near here, police said.
Santhosh Kumar, a mahout of Travancore Devaswom Board, died
after he suffered shock while trying to remove a palm leaf on
their way with which a live wire was tangled yesterday, police
The mahout fell off the elephant due to the impact of the
shock. Though local people rushed him to a nearby hospital, he
was declared dead.
The tusker Parthan, being taken to Vallikkodu Thrikkovil
Temple, did not suffer any injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them