Mahout electrocuted while riding on elephant
Pathanamthitta: A 40-year-old mahout was
electrocuted while riding atop a temple elephant at Vallikkod near here, police said.
Santhosh Kumar, a mahout of Travancore Devaswom Board, died
after he suffered shock while trying to remove a palm leaf on
their way with which a live wire was tangled yesterday, police
The mahout fell off the elephant due to the impact of the
shock. Though local people rushed him to a nearby hospital, he
was declared dead.
The tusker Parthan, being taken to Vallikkodu Thrikkovil
Temple, did not suffer any injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love