`Monorail project will be completed in 3 yrs`
Kozhikode: Work on the Monorail project
would be completed in three years after a detailed project
report is submitted, former DMRC Chairman and project advisor
E Sreedharan said on Friday.
"The report is expected to be submitted before June 15.
The field survey has been completed while the land survey
would be started soon.
Work on Monorail civil structure designing and station designing are progressing at the DMRC`s Delhi office," Sreedharan told reporters.
The first phase is expected to cost around Rs 1,750
crore. Earlier, Kerala Public Works minister VK Ibrahim Kunju
inaugurated the Kozhikode Monorail Project`s Office at nearby
Kunju said there would not be any delay in acquiring land
required for the project as most of it would be taken from the
Public Works Department.
He said Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had convened a
meeting on April 25 to discuss details of the project.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state