`Monorail project will be completed in 3 yrs`
Kozhikode: Work on the Monorail project
would be completed in three years after a detailed project
report is submitted, former DMRC Chairman and project advisor
E Sreedharan said on Friday.
"The report is expected to be submitted before June 15.
The field survey has been completed while the land survey
would be started soon.
Work on Monorail civil structure designing and station designing are progressing at the DMRC`s Delhi office," Sreedharan told reporters.
The first phase is expected to cost around Rs 1,750
crore. Earlier, Kerala Public Works minister VK Ibrahim Kunju
inaugurated the Kozhikode Monorail Project`s Office at nearby
Kunju said there would not be any delay in acquiring land
required for the project as most of it would be taken from the
Public Works Department.
He said Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had convened a
meeting on April 25 to discuss details of the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday