Plane bound for Kozhikode lands in Kochi!
Kochi: It was a flight that went horribly “wrong way”. Destined to first land at Kozhikode after taking off from Thiruvananthapuram, the passengers of an Alliance Air flight were in for a shock when they found themselves at Kochi airport.
What added to their shock is the fact that the pilot of the flight had announced that they had landed at Kozhikode.
In all, there were 32 passengers onboard the Monday flight that was flying on the Thiruvananthapuram-Calicut (Kozhikode)-Cochin (Kochi)-Agathi (Lakshadweep) sector.
The incident was reported on Tuesday by a leading daily.
After the fiasco, the pilot is reported to have told the air traffic controllers that he thought they had landed in Kozhikode and that there probably was some navigational error.
The airline, however, tried to downplay the incident. A spokesperson said the flight directly went to Kochi as there was a last-minute change in the crew`s duty timings.
Technically, a pilot will know which airport he was approaching well before the flight lands.
A passenger reportedly said the crew first announced that they had reached Kozhikode, but the pilot later came out of the cockpit and acknowledged he was under the wrong impression that they had landed in Kozhikode.
A senior ATC official at Cochin airport said it may not be a navigational error, but a decision by the airline to divert the flight.
The passengers bound for Kozhikode were first deplaned and flown to their destination four hours later after the plane flew to Agathi in Lakshadweep and came back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered