Prabhu Daya owner asked to pay 25L each to 4 fishermen
Kochi: The owner of the Singapore-flagged vessel, suspected to have collided with a boat off Kerala on March 1, has been directed by Kerala High court to pay Rs 25 lakh each to families of the four of the five fishermen killed.
The relatives of Jose, Justin, Cleatus and Santosh had informed the court that they had discussed the compensation issue with Tolani Shipping company, owners of MV Prabhu Daya.
The issue had been sent for mediation by the court.
The mediation cell`s report was filed before Justice Haroon-Ul Rasheed, who accepted it yesterday.
The relatives of another fisherman, who was killed in the collision, has approached the Madras High court for compensation.
The relatives had earlier asked for Rs one crore compensation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar