Prabhu Daya owner asked to pay 25L each to 4 fishermen
Kochi: The owner of the Singapore-flagged vessel, suspected to have collided with a boat off Kerala on March 1, has been directed by Kerala High court to pay Rs 25 lakh each to families of the four of the five fishermen killed.
The relatives of Jose, Justin, Cleatus and Santosh had informed the court that they had discussed the compensation issue with Tolani Shipping company, owners of MV Prabhu Daya.
The issue had been sent for mediation by the court.
The mediation cell`s report was filed before Justice Haroon-Ul Rasheed, who accepted it yesterday.
The relatives of another fisherman, who was killed in the collision, has approached the Madras High court for compensation.
The relatives had earlier asked for Rs one crore compensation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic