Prabhu Daya owner asked to pay 25L each to 4 fishermen
Kochi: The owner of the Singapore-flagged vessel, suspected to have collided with a boat off Kerala on March 1, has been directed by Kerala High court to pay Rs 25 lakh each to families of the four of the five fishermen killed.
The relatives of Jose, Justin, Cleatus and Santosh had informed the court that they had discussed the compensation issue with Tolani Shipping company, owners of MV Prabhu Daya.
The issue had been sent for mediation by the court.
The mediation cell`s report was filed before Justice Haroon-Ul Rasheed, who accepted it yesterday.
The relatives of another fisherman, who was killed in the collision, has approached the Madras High court for compensation.
The relatives had earlier asked for Rs one crore compensation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert