Shashi Tharoor arrives in Lahore
Islamabad: Lok Sabha MP Shashi Tharoor has arrived in Lahore with his wife Sunanda Pushkar on a personal visit, a media report said Tuesday.
Sunanda Pushkar, who is a Kashmiri pandit, told Geo News that she intends to show her husband the historical places in the city.
Tharoor, former Minister of State for External Affairs and UN under-secretary general for Communications and Public Information, said there should be no war between Pakistan and India as the people of both the countries want peace.
He favoured a direct trade between the two countries as indirect trade increases tax rates.
Tharoor and his wife were speaking to Geo News after arriving in Lahore.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH