Shashi Tharoor arrives in Lahore
Islamabad: Lok Sabha MP Shashi Tharoor has arrived in Lahore with his wife Sunanda Pushkar on a personal visit, a media report said Tuesday.
Sunanda Pushkar, who is a Kashmiri pandit, told Geo News that she intends to show her husband the historical places in the city.
Tharoor, former Minister of State for External Affairs and UN under-secretary general for Communications and Public Information, said there should be no war between Pakistan and India as the people of both the countries want peace.
He favoured a direct trade between the two countries as indirect trade increases tax rates.
Tharoor and his wife were speaking to Geo News after arriving in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal