Shashi Tharoor arrives in Lahore
Islamabad: Lok Sabha MP Shashi Tharoor has arrived in Lahore with his wife Sunanda Pushkar on a personal visit, a media report said Tuesday.
Sunanda Pushkar, who is a Kashmiri pandit, told Geo News that she intends to show her husband the historical places in the city.
Tharoor, former Minister of State for External Affairs and UN under-secretary general for Communications and Public Information, said there should be no war between Pakistan and India as the people of both the countries want peace.
He favoured a direct trade between the two countries as indirect trade increases tax rates.
Tharoor and his wife were speaking to Geo News after arriving in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed