Suspected Singapore ship reaches Chennai
Chennai: The Singapore flagged cargo ship,
suspected to have been involved in the March 1 hit-and-run sea
mishap off the Kerala coast that left three Indian fishermen
dead, arrived today complying with a directive by the
DGS to assist in the probe into the incident.
The ship "M V Prabhu Daya" entered the outer anchorage
area of Chennai Port around 11.30 pm and was expected to be
berthed in the early hours tomorrow, port sources said.
Inspection of the ship and investigations into the
incident were expected to commence tomorrow after the vessel
was berthed, they said.
M V Prabhu Daya, which had left Goa for China via
Trincomalee in Sri Lanka and Singapore with its consignment of
iron ore, was asked by the Director General of Shipping (DGS)
to report to the Chennai port as it was one of the vessels
sailing in the vicinity when the hit-and-run incident
involving the Indian fishing boat Don 1 occurred.
Two fishermen were killed on March 1 in the incident and
three others went missing. The body of another fisherman was
recovered yesterday from the wreckage of the boat.
The collision had shocked the fishing community in Kollam
district of Kerala as it happened within two weeks after two
fishermen were shot dead allegedly by marines onboard Italian
merchant ship Enrica Lexie.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...