BMC accused of supplying polluted water
Bhopal: The Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog
Sangthan (BGPMUS) today charged the Bhopal Municipal
Corporation with supplying polluted drinking water to 14
localities affected by the December 1984 gas disaster.
"We demand that action should be taken against officials
responsible for this and criminal cases be filed against
them," the Sangthan convenor, Abdul Jabbar told reporters.
The Sangthan convenor said it was strange that the
municipal corporation was carrying out with the funds, meant
for gas victims, works in localities which did not exist at
the time of the disaster.
Jabbar said this was in total violation of rules and
this appeared to be done only with a view to derive political
mileage and nothing else.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi