BMC accused of supplying polluted water
Bhopal: The Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog
Sangthan (BGPMUS) today charged the Bhopal Municipal
Corporation with supplying polluted drinking water to 14
localities affected by the December 1984 gas disaster.
"We demand that action should be taken against officials
responsible for this and criminal cases be filed against
them," the Sangthan convenor, Abdul Jabbar told reporters.
The Sangthan convenor said it was strange that the
municipal corporation was carrying out with the funds, meant
for gas victims, works in localities which did not exist at
the time of the disaster.
Jabbar said this was in total violation of rules and
this appeared to be done only with a view to derive political
mileage and nothing else.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal