Chouhan sits on fast to protest fertiliser price h
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday began a 24-hour fast here to protest steep hike in fertiliser prices.
The Chief Minister arrived at Dussehra ground in Vittan market at 11 am to begin his fast.
A large number of BJP leaders led by state party chief Prabhat Jha were present along with Chouhan.
Those present included former chief ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi, BJP National General Secretary Narendra Singh Tomar and ministers Babulal Gaur, Uma Shankar Gupta and Karan Singh Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest