Chouhan sits on fast to protest fertiliser price h
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday began a 24-hour fast here to protest steep hike in fertiliser prices.
The Chief Minister arrived at Dussehra ground in Vittan market at 11 am to begin his fast.
A large number of BJP leaders led by state party chief Prabhat Jha were present along with Chouhan.
Those present included former chief ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi, BJP National General Secretary Narendra Singh Tomar and ministers Babulal Gaur, Uma Shankar Gupta and Karan Singh Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- It's Official! LG V20 to be world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban
- Quake brings down buildings in central Italy, at least six believed killed