Shivraj Singh Chouhan a ‘coward’: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary
Digvijay Singh on Sunday hit out at Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan calling him a "coward" for "not holding
even a single official press conference during the past six
years of his rule."
"I am convinced that as far as media is concerned,
Chouhan is a coward, for he has not mustered the courage to
address even a single official press conference during his
rule," Digvijay Singh said.
An official press conference is the one, which is held
at the state secretariat, he explained.
Digvijay added that it was difficult to understand
Chouhan`s reluctance to talk to the media, despite making a
number of "tall claims" about ensuring development and turning
Madhya Pradesh into a Golden State.
"I think Chouhan shies away from media, as he himself
knows that his claims are hollow," Digvijay said adding that
had there been any truth in the claims, there was no reason
for him to avoid the media.
The senior Congress leader said that during his own
10-year long tenure as the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh he
used to hold an official press conference almost every month.
"By keeping away from the media, Chouhan has proved
conclusively that he does not have the courage to face even a
single uncomfortable question," Digvijay said.
He further said he was amused to read the chief
minister`s statement, in which he said that he could not
understand how a corrupt man could sleep peacefully at night.
"It is now known that there are three currency counting
machines at Chouhan`s residence. I am sure that these machines
have not been purchased to count the salary that Chouhan
gets," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!