Shivraj Singh Chouhan a ‘coward’: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary
Digvijay Singh on Sunday hit out at Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan calling him a "coward" for "not holding
even a single official press conference during the past six
years of his rule."
"I am convinced that as far as media is concerned,
Chouhan is a coward, for he has not mustered the courage to
address even a single official press conference during his
rule," Digvijay Singh said.
An official press conference is the one, which is held
at the state secretariat, he explained.
Digvijay added that it was difficult to understand
Chouhan`s reluctance to talk to the media, despite making a
number of "tall claims" about ensuring development and turning
Madhya Pradesh into a Golden State.
"I think Chouhan shies away from media, as he himself
knows that his claims are hollow," Digvijay said adding that
had there been any truth in the claims, there was no reason
for him to avoid the media.
The senior Congress leader said that during his own
10-year long tenure as the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh he
used to hold an official press conference almost every month.
"By keeping away from the media, Chouhan has proved
conclusively that he does not have the courage to face even a
single uncomfortable question," Digvijay said.
He further said he was amused to read the chief
minister`s statement, in which he said that he could not
understand how a corrupt man could sleep peacefully at night.
"It is now known that there are three currency counting
machines at Chouhan`s residence. I am sure that these machines
have not been purchased to count the salary that Chouhan
gets," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing