13/7 blasts: Custody of 2 accused extended
Mumbai: A city court on Saturday extended till
February 24 the police custody of two alleged operatives of
Indian Mujahideen, arrested for one of the three bomb blasts
that rocked the metropolis on July 13 last year, police said.
As their police custody ended on Saturday, the accused
Haroon Naik and Nain Wazeer Chand Patrija were produced before
a Metropolitan Magistrate`s Court, which extended their
custody till February 24, after the ATS told the court that
the accused needs to be grilled further to obtain some
important details related to the July 13 blasts case,
Maharashtra ATS sources said.
Naik is suspected to have used hawala channels to fund
the blasts with the help of Patrija (42), who handed over Rs
10 lakh to fugitive IM`s top operative Yasin Bhatkal to
execute the terror attack, police had said.
Naik, who was already behind bars in a fake currency
case, was taken into custody in the blast case on February 1.
Patrija, who hails from Ghaziabad, was arrested from Delhi on
Near-simultaneous bomb blasts at Zaveri Bazaar, Opera
House and Dadar had killed 27 persons. ATS so far had arrested
four terror suspects in the case.
Yesterday a local court had extended till February 27,
the police custody of Naqi Ahmed Wasi Ahmed Sheikh (22) and
Nadeem Akhtar Ashfaq Sheikh (23), two more accused arrested in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog