7-yr-old raped, murdered by family friend in Nashik
Nashik: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by a family friend on the Mumbai-Agra national highway here, police said today.
The girl`s body was found near the Meenatai Thackarey stadium here yesterday, police said.
The seven-year-old went missing from her house on July 28. Later, the victim`s parents told police that one of their family friends, Yogesh Ramdas Khade, had come to their house on Saturday evening and gone out with the girl, they said.
Based on the information, police arrested Khade, who is already booked on charges of theft at Panchvati police station here, they said.
Meanwhile, the girl`s body was sent to Nashik Civil Hospital for postmortem, which confirmed that she was raped and then strangled, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh