7-yr-old raped, murdered by family friend in Nashik
Nashik: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by a family friend on the Mumbai-Agra national highway here, police said today.
The girl`s body was found near the Meenatai Thackarey stadium here yesterday, police said.
The seven-year-old went missing from her house on July 28. Later, the victim`s parents told police that one of their family friends, Yogesh Ramdas Khade, had come to their house on Saturday evening and gone out with the girl, they said.
Based on the information, police arrested Khade, who is already booked on charges of theft at Panchvati police station here, they said.
Meanwhile, the girl`s body was sent to Nashik Civil Hospital for postmortem, which confirmed that she was raped and then strangled, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!