Acid thrown on Mumbai girl; attacker held
Mumbai: Another girl became the target of acid attack in Mumbai on Tuesday. The incident occurred at Goregaon railway station at around 6:47 pm yesterday.
The girl, Aarti Thakur, was attacked by one Pintoo Sheikh. The attacker threw acid on her and fled. Aarti who sustained burn injuries was admitted to a private hospital. Doctors said she suffered 10 to 15 percent burns but was stable.
Pintoo was nabbed by the police this morning from by Borivali railway police. Police have filed a case of attempt to murder against him.
Pintoo was produced before a Borivali court today and sent to police remand till February 7.
The police also disclosed a surprising fact – the girl had been attacked with acid on two previous occasions also. However, in those cases, the police could not nab the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state