Acid thrown on Mumbai girl; attacker held
Mumbai: Another girl became the target of acid attack in Mumbai on Tuesday. The incident occurred at Goregaon railway station at around 6:47 pm yesterday.
The girl, Aarti Thakur, was attacked by one Pintoo Sheikh. The attacker threw acid on her and fled. Aarti who sustained burn injuries was admitted to a private hospital. Doctors said she suffered 10 to 15 percent burns but was stable.
Pintoo was nabbed by the police this morning from by Borivali railway police. Police have filed a case of attempt to murder against him.
Pintoo was produced before a Borivali court today and sent to police remand till February 7.
The police also disclosed a surprising fact – the girl had been attacked with acid on two previous occasions also. However, in those cases, the police could not nab the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!