Acid thrown on Mumbai girl; attacker held
Mumbai: Another girl became the target of acid attack in Mumbai on Tuesday. The incident occurred at Goregaon railway station at around 6:47 pm yesterday.
The girl, Aarti Thakur, was attacked by one Pintoo Sheikh. The attacker threw acid on her and fled. Aarti who sustained burn injuries was admitted to a private hospital. Doctors said she suffered 10 to 15 percent burns but was stable.
Pintoo was nabbed by the police this morning from by Borivali railway police. Police have filed a case of attempt to murder against him.
Pintoo was produced before a Borivali court today and sent to police remand till February 7.
The police also disclosed a surprising fact – the girl had been attacked with acid on two previous occasions also. However, in those cases, the police could not nab the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector