Adarsh scam: Phatak, Tiwari apply for bail
Mumbai: Days after the special CBI court granted bail to seven accused in the Adarsh Society scam, two more accused have filed their bail applications.
Former city civic chief Jairaj Phatak and former state chief information commissioner Ramanand Tiwari approached the Sessions Court on Monday, saying the CBI has not filed the charge sheet even 60 days after their arrest.
If Phatak and Tiwari are also granted bail, then all the accused in the case would be out on bail.
Earlier on May 29, the sessions court granted bail to seven accused - IAS officer Pradeep Vyas, former deputy secretary in urban development department P V Deshmukh, Brigadier (retd) M M Wanchoo, retired Defence Estates Officer R C Thakur, Major General (Retd) A R Kumar, Major Gen (Retd) T K Kaul and former MLC Kanhaiyyalal Gidwani - after they moved their bail in the sessions court on the same ground.
All the accused have been charged with criminal conspiracy under IPC and various sections under the Prevention of Corruption Act and Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act.
The scam pertains to alleged irregularities in construction and allotment of apartments in the 32-storeyed high rise, originally meant for families of Kargil war heroes, in the upmarket Colaba area in south Mumbai.
The Bombay High Court is monitoring the probe being conducted by CBI, Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax. The next date for hearing is June 18.
The CBI is likely to file charge sheet this month in this case as per the directive of the High Court.
The application will be heard in due course of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price