Aditya Thackeray cuts political teeth
Mumbai: Taking his first major political step, Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray on Thursday demanded the resignation of beleaguered Mumbai University vice chancellor Rajan Welukar.
Aditya, grandson of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, led a delegation to meet Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan and submitted a memorandum demanding Welukar`s resignation.
He listed the problems faced by students of Mumbai University, including examination paper leaks which have inconvenienced lakhs of students and necessitated re-examinations.
In his meeting with the Governor, who is also chancellor of Mumbai University, Aditya reiterated his demand seeking Welukar`s resignation.
He was accompanied by Shiv Sena MP and spokesperson Sanjay Raut, several university senate members and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says