Agitating farmers rounded up at Nashik
Nashik: More than 240 farmers, including 35
women were rounded up at Gavandgaon village here after they
staged a rasta roko demanding release of water from
Palkhed canal, police said on Friday.
Two agitating farmers were injured when police
lathicharged them to disperse the crowd, Thursday evening.
The arrested farmers were brought to Nashik central jail
as they remained firm on their agitation, police said adding
the situation at gavandgaon is normal and peaceful on Firday.
According to Ankush Desai, Executive Engineer,
Irrigation department, water planning lies in the hands of the
District Collector and the department can`t do much about it
without required orders.
Farmers` leader Vijay Pathade has alleged that police
tried to curb their agitation and warned to continue it till
they get water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical