Agitating farmers rounded up at Nashik
Nashik: More than 240 farmers, including 35
women were rounded up at Gavandgaon village here after they
staged a rasta roko demanding release of water from
Palkhed canal, police said on Friday.
Two agitating farmers were injured when police
lathicharged them to disperse the crowd, Thursday evening.
The arrested farmers were brought to Nashik central jail
as they remained firm on their agitation, police said adding
the situation at gavandgaon is normal and peaceful on Firday.
According to Ankush Desai, Executive Engineer,
Irrigation department, water planning lies in the hands of the
District Collector and the department can`t do much about it
without required orders.
Farmers` leader Vijay Pathade has alleged that police
tried to curb their agitation and warned to continue it till
they get water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why