Boy forcibly taken away by father from family court
Thane: A 12-year-old boy who was brought to the district family court was forcibly taken away by his father, according to a police complaint filed by his mother.
The incident took place on Saturday when the boy identified as Atharva came to the court in connection with the divorce petition of his parents - Santosh Mandole and wife Yogita.
Amidst pendency of the case, the court had allowed Santosh to meet his son, who is presently in the custody of his mother, for one hour on Saturdays.
Accordingly, the court wanted the mother to bring the child as it wanted to observe his interaction with the father, who after the meeting forcibly took him away from the court premises, the mother alleged.
Based on her complaint, the Thane Nagar police have registered an offence under section 363 of the IPC, said API S N Patil who is carrying out further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi