Boy forcibly taken away by father from family court
Thane: A 12-year-old boy who was brought to the district family court was forcibly taken away by his father, according to a police complaint filed by his mother.
The incident took place on Saturday when the boy identified as Atharva came to the court in connection with the divorce petition of his parents - Santosh Mandole and wife Yogita.
Amidst pendency of the case, the court had allowed Santosh to meet his son, who is presently in the custody of his mother, for one hour on Saturdays.
Accordingly, the court wanted the mother to bring the child as it wanted to observe his interaction with the father, who after the meeting forcibly took him away from the court premises, the mother alleged.
Based on her complaint, the Thane Nagar police have registered an offence under section 363 of the IPC, said API S N Patil who is carrying out further investigations.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report