Boy forcibly taken away by father from family court
Thane: A 12-year-old boy who was brought to the district family court was forcibly taken away by his father, according to a police complaint filed by his mother.
The incident took place on Saturday when the boy identified as Atharva came to the court in connection with the divorce petition of his parents - Santosh Mandole and wife Yogita.
Amidst pendency of the case, the court had allowed Santosh to meet his son, who is presently in the custody of his mother, for one hour on Saturdays.
Accordingly, the court wanted the mother to bring the child as it wanted to observe his interaction with the father, who after the meeting forcibly took him away from the court premises, the mother alleged.
Based on her complaint, the Thane Nagar police have registered an offence under section 363 of the IPC, said API S N Patil who is carrying out further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda