Killer Pune driver admitted to mental hospital
Pune: Santosh Mane, the state transport
driver who caused deaths of eight persons and injured at least
28 others by his maniacal driving on city roads early this
week, has been admitted to Regional Mental Hospital at Yerwada
Police said that medical officer from government-run
Sasoon hospital had recommended that Mane be kept under
observation at the Mental Hospital for four days.
He was taken to Yerwada hospital yesterday, after police
applied to Judicial Magistrate for suspension of his police
custody, and got the permission.
Mane, a regular driver with Maharashtra State Road
Transport Corporation, took out an empty parked bus from
Swargate Depot here on the morning of January 25, and drove it
crazily down the city roads for nearly an hour, before police
On the way, he mowed down several vehicles. After the
arrest, he told the police he did not know why he did it. His
family members said he was suffering from depression.
"We will observe Mane`s behaviour and conduct a mental
status examination," said Yerwada Mental Hospital
Superintendent, Vilas Bhailume.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video