Kripashankar issues to dominate Maha budget session
Mumbai: The budget session of Maharashtra Legislature, beginning here tomorrow, will be dominated by corruption issues, with Opposition planning to attack the government on the disproportionate assets case against former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and arrest of Kanhaiyalal Gidwani for allegedly trying to influence the Adarsh society scam probe.
The Opposition is also all set to highlight the Amravati cash seizure case where Raosaheb Shekhawat, son of President Pratibha Patil and a Congress MLA, was questioned by the Amravati Police in connection with the seizure of Rs. one
crore unaccounted cash before last month`s civic polls.
The arrest of former Maharashtra minister and Jalgaon Shiv Sena MLA Suresh Jain in connection with the 2006 multi- crore Gharkul Housing scheme scam, will also dominate the six-week long session, a senior minister said.
"With the arrest of Jain, the ruling benches have ammunition to counter the Opposition raising Kripashankar and Gidwani issues," he said.
The session comes a month after elections to 10 municipal corporations, 27 zilla parishads and 309 Panchayat Samitis in the state, where the ruling Congress-NCP alliance fared well but could not oust Sena-BJP combine from important civic
bodies like Mumbai and Thane.
The issue of Houses for mill workers of defunct textile mills in Mumbai and demand for allotting the Indu mill land here for building a memorial of Babasaheb Ambedkar, are also expected to figure in the session.
RPI leader Ramdas Athawale is leading a protest march on the first day of the Maharashtra Legislature session to demand allotment of Indu mill land for the Ambedkar memorial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical