Maharashtra Force One conducts mock drill
Mumbai: Formed post-26/11 to combat terror strikes, the Maharashtra Force One conducted a mock drill at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) in the wee hours of Sunday, sources said.
The drill was conducted to check the alertness of the combat team and the time they would take to overcome the "terrorists" in case of an attack.
The commandos arrived at CST around 2 am on Sunday and conducted a mock drill.
Sources said that the mock drill came a few days after the Intelligence Bureau issued an alert about five Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorists sneaking into the city.
Last week, the Mumbai International Airport was also put on high alert following reports about human bombs being in the vicinity of high-profile Indian airports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country