Maharashtra Force One conducts mock drill
Mumbai: Formed post-26/11 to combat terror strikes, the Maharashtra Force One conducted a mock drill at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) in the wee hours of Sunday, sources said.
The drill was conducted to check the alertness of the combat team and the time they would take to overcome the "terrorists" in case of an attack.
The commandos arrived at CST around 2 am on Sunday and conducted a mock drill.
Sources said that the mock drill came a few days after the Intelligence Bureau issued an alert about five Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorists sneaking into the city.
Last week, the Mumbai International Airport was also put on high alert following reports about human bombs being in the vicinity of high-profile Indian airports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth