Maharashtra Force One conducts mock drill
Mumbai: Formed post-26/11 to combat terror strikes, the Maharashtra Force One conducted a mock drill at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) in the wee hours of Sunday, sources said.
The drill was conducted to check the alertness of the combat team and the time they would take to overcome the "terrorists" in case of an attack.
The commandos arrived at CST around 2 am on Sunday and conducted a mock drill.
Sources said that the mock drill came a few days after the Intelligence Bureau issued an alert about five Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorists sneaking into the city.
Last week, the Mumbai International Airport was also put on high alert following reports about human bombs being in the vicinity of high-profile Indian airports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here
- Delhi boy 'Sonu', abducted 6 years ago, returns home from Bangladesh today
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady Gaga to pay tribute to Orlando Victims
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!