Maharashtra Force One conducts mock drill
Mumbai: Formed post-26/11 to combat terror strikes, the Maharashtra Force One conducted a mock drill at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) in the wee hours of Sunday, sources said.
The drill was conducted to check the alertness of the combat team and the time they would take to overcome the "terrorists" in case of an attack.
The commandos arrived at CST around 2 am on Sunday and conducted a mock drill.
Sources said that the mock drill came a few days after the Intelligence Bureau issued an alert about five Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorists sneaking into the city.
Last week, the Mumbai International Airport was also put on high alert following reports about human bombs being in the vicinity of high-profile Indian airports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensex ends 93 points up on earnings lift, fund inflows
- Vaccinated and Ready: IOC special invitee Sachin Tendulkar to support India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise
- Mohit Suri co-presents Pakistani artiste's new song
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares