Maharashtra Force One conducts mock drill
Mumbai: Formed post-26/11 to combat terror strikes, the Maharashtra Force One conducted a mock drill at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) in the wee hours of Sunday, sources said.
The drill was conducted to check the alertness of the combat team and the time they would take to overcome the "terrorists" in case of an attack.
The commandos arrived at CST around 2 am on Sunday and conducted a mock drill.
Sources said that the mock drill came a few days after the Intelligence Bureau issued an alert about five Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorists sneaking into the city.
Last week, the Mumbai International Airport was also put on high alert following reports about human bombs being in the vicinity of high-profile Indian airports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees