MNS shuts Mumbai-Pune e-way toll plaza
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers on Tuesday shut down the toll plaza on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway in protest against the collection of toll. The MNS alleged that toll is being collected even after the recovery of the money spent on its construction.
The MNS has been for some time now agitating against the government and infrastructure companies, claiming that it is illegal to collect toll and this ‘loot’ be stopped.
The seize on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway came after party chief Raj Thackeray announced state-wide agitation against collection of toll taxes. Raj claims that companies are collecting taxes even after recovery of the cost incurred in construction of the roads.
Last month, Thackeray had asked party members to post themselves at toll plaza and conduct a survey on the number of by vehicles passing through the gates. Based on the results of the ‘internal survey’, the party came to the conclusion that toll need not be paid anymore.
As result of the forced shut down at the toll plaza, vehicles and passing without paying any tax. MNS has also urged people to not pay toll.
MNS workers are also holding parallel agitations at Vashi and Thane, reports said.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...