Mumbai Police to take voice samples of Abu Jundal
Mumbai: Taking the voice samples of LeT operative Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal will be among the top priorities of Mumbai Crime Branch, which has secured his ten-day custody in the 2008 terror attack case.
"Forensic experts would be called soon to conduct Jundal`s voice measurement through audio spectrometer. Besides his interrogation, his voice sample collection is one of our top priorities during the custody period," a Crime Branch official said.
Jundal`s voice samples will be matched with the telephonic talks intercepted by intelligence agencies during the dastardly assault, in which 166 people, including some foreigners, were killed.
When contacted, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy said, "Security agencies in Delhi might have already taken Jundal`s voice samples but we, as the 26/11 probe agency, will also take his voice samples very soon."
Jundal, alleged prime conspirator of the 26/11 carnage, was yesterday formally arrested in the case. After being brought from Delhi, he was produced before a local court which remanded him to police custody till July 31.
According to the prosecution, security agencies had intercepted calls made by the 10 terrorists who had attacked Mumbai on November 26, 2008 to their handlers in Pakistan.
In some of those intercepts, Jundal is allegedly heard giving directions to the terrorists in Hindi from a control room in Pakistan.
Jundal, who hails from Beed district in Central Maharashtra, was arrested by Delhi Police in late June after being deported from Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official