Mumbai Police to take voice samples of Abu Jundal
Mumbai: Taking the voice samples of LeT operative Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal will be among the top priorities of Mumbai Crime Branch, which has secured his ten-day custody in the 2008 terror attack case.
"Forensic experts would be called soon to conduct Jundal`s voice measurement through audio spectrometer. Besides his interrogation, his voice sample collection is one of our top priorities during the custody period," a Crime Branch official said.
Jundal`s voice samples will be matched with the telephonic talks intercepted by intelligence agencies during the dastardly assault, in which 166 people, including some foreigners, were killed.
When contacted, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy said, "Security agencies in Delhi might have already taken Jundal`s voice samples but we, as the 26/11 probe agency, will also take his voice samples very soon."
Jundal, alleged prime conspirator of the 26/11 carnage, was yesterday formally arrested in the case. After being brought from Delhi, he was produced before a local court which remanded him to police custody till July 31.
According to the prosecution, security agencies had intercepted calls made by the 10 terrorists who had attacked Mumbai on November 26, 2008 to their handlers in Pakistan.
In some of those intercepts, Jundal is allegedly heard giving directions to the terrorists in Hindi from a control room in Pakistan.
Jundal, who hails from Beed district in Central Maharashtra, was arrested by Delhi Police in late June after being deported from Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP