NCP wins Parbhani mayoral elections
Parbhani: Pratap Deshmukh of the NCP has been elected as the first mayor of Parbhani Municipal Corporation while party man Sajju Lala was elected as the Deputy Mayor.
Deshmukh, who bagged 33 votes won the elections pipping his rival Bhagwan Waghmare of the Congress, who polled 24 votes. In the deputy mayor election, Sajju Lala polled 33 and Shivaji Bharose of the Congress got 24 votes.
Shivsena remained neutral while two members of the BJP supported NCP. Tirumala M Khillare and Dilip Thakur of the BJP and G H Khan, an independent candidate voted for NCP, that has 30 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic