NCP wins Parbhani mayoral elections
Parbhani: Pratap Deshmukh of the NCP has been elected as the first mayor of Parbhani Municipal Corporation while party man Sajju Lala was elected as the Deputy Mayor.
Deshmukh, who bagged 33 votes won the elections pipping his rival Bhagwan Waghmare of the Congress, who polled 24 votes. In the deputy mayor election, Sajju Lala polled 33 and Shivaji Bharose of the Congress got 24 votes.
Shivsena remained neutral while two members of the BJP supported NCP. Tirumala M Khillare and Dilip Thakur of the BJP and G H Khan, an independent candidate voted for NCP, that has 30 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port