NCP wins Parbhani mayoral elections
Parbhani: Pratap Deshmukh of the NCP has been elected as the first mayor of Parbhani Municipal Corporation while party man Sajju Lala was elected as the Deputy Mayor.
Deshmukh, who bagged 33 votes won the elections pipping his rival Bhagwan Waghmare of the Congress, who polled 24 votes. In the deputy mayor election, Sajju Lala polled 33 and Shivaji Bharose of the Congress got 24 votes.
Shivsena remained neutral while two members of the BJP supported NCP. Tirumala M Khillare and Dilip Thakur of the BJP and G H Khan, an independent candidate voted for NCP, that has 30 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda