Subhash Bhoir quits NCP
Thane: Close on the heels of NCP Maharashtra
unit vice president Dashrath Patil quitting the party to join
Shiv Sena just before the Thane Municipal Corporation
elections, another senior party leader has called it quits.
NCP leader and MLC Subash Bhoir from Mumbra which is
represented by city unit president and MLA Jitendra Awhad,
declared Monday evening that he was quitting the party.
Talking to newsmen he said that he was leaving the
party following the dictatorial attitude of Awhad who
conducted the affairs as per his whims and never respected the
views of his seniors.
Even though Bhoir did not reveal as to which party
he would be joining, he hinted to be walking into the Sena
Awhad, whose close proximity to NCP chief Sharad Pawar is
very well known, gained clout after the untimely death of Shiv
Sena district chief Anand Dighe.
Now just in time when the Thane Municipal Corporation
elections are just a few weeks away, his own partymen have
decided to opt out and wage a war against him.
The Sena which was never hopeful of getting any support
from Mumbra-Kalwa would be happy to get two biggies to their
In fact in the first elected body of the Thane Municipal
Corporation way back in the 80s, Bhoir along with two of his
friends, Deoram Bhoir and Govardhan Bhagat (then of the
BJP) gave a helping hand to the Sena to come to power in the
first rule of the corporation. Then with their support
Satishchandra Pradhan was elected as first mayor of Thane.
With Bhoir`s decision to quit and his strained relations
with Deputy Chairman of the Legislative Council Vasant
Davkhare, Awhad is facing difficult days in the party.
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Whoa! 'Main Hoon Na' sequel on cards?
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP