Teenager from Andhra Pradesh kills self in hotel
Mumbai: An 18-year-old girl from Andhra Pradesh allegedly committed suicide on Thursday by hanging herself in a hotel room at suburban Andheri, police said.
Ranjala Kusuma Shrisambhavi was found hanging from the
ceiling fan in her room in Hotel Highway Residency by an
attender this morning, they said.
The girl`s family had registered a missing person
complaint at a police station in Andhra Pradesh on March 3
after she failed to return home.
According to police, Ranjala had checked into the hotel on
Tuesday at around 1.30 PM saying she had come to Mumbai to
attend an interview.
"The reason for the extreme step is not known. A suicide
note written in Hindi as well as in Telugu was found in the
room. She held nobody responsible for her death and stated
that her body be handed over to her mother," a police officer
at Vile Parle police station said.
While checking into the hotel, Ranjala mentioned her
address as Qutubullapur in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.
"Her family has been informed about the incident.
Ranjala`s mother and brother are coming to Mumbai to claim her
body," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers