Teenager from Andhra Pradesh kills self in hotel
Mumbai: An 18-year-old girl from Andhra Pradesh allegedly committed suicide on Thursday by hanging herself in a hotel room at suburban Andheri, police said.
Ranjala Kusuma Shrisambhavi was found hanging from the
ceiling fan in her room in Hotel Highway Residency by an
attender this morning, they said.
The girl`s family had registered a missing person
complaint at a police station in Andhra Pradesh on March 3
after she failed to return home.
According to police, Ranjala had checked into the hotel on
Tuesday at around 1.30 PM saying she had come to Mumbai to
attend an interview.
"The reason for the extreme step is not known. A suicide
note written in Hindi as well as in Telugu was found in the
room. She held nobody responsible for her death and stated
that her body be handed over to her mother," a police officer
at Vile Parle police station said.
While checking into the hotel, Ranjala mentioned her
address as Qutubullapur in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.
"Her family has been informed about the incident.
Ranjala`s mother and brother are coming to Mumbai to claim her
body," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi