Thane BJP chief, four others chargesheeted in cheating case
Thane: Navi Mumbai police has filed a chargesheet against Thane BJP chief and noted builder Suresh Haware and four others for allegedly cheating a businessman to the tune of Rs 54 lakh, police said on Sunday.
The chargesheet was filed recently in CBD Vashi court against Haware, his brother Sanjay and sister-in-law Ujwala and two of his employees, D Taide and Mohandas, working in his construction firm -- Haware Engineers and Builders, a crime branch official said.
In May 2005, the victim, M M Thevar, had booked four offices at the IT Park in Navi Mumbai, constructed by Haware Engineers and Builders, police said.
The cost of the offices was Rs 68.56 lakh, of which 54 lakh was paid to the firm run by Haware and his family members, the chargesheet claimed, based on the complaint.
Thevar claimed that he had been trying to take possession of the property but in vain.
He had stated that the property he bought had been sold to Haware Infotech Park, which subsequently sold it to another party, according to the chargesheet.
Subsequently in April last year, Thevar had lodged a complaint with the Vashi police station following which an FIR was registered against Suresh Haware, Sanjay and Ujwala and the two other employees of his construction firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack