Thane BJP chief, four others chargesheeted in cheating case
Thane: Navi Mumbai police has filed a chargesheet against Thane BJP chief and noted builder Suresh Haware and four others for allegedly cheating a businessman to the tune of Rs 54 lakh, police said on Sunday.
The chargesheet was filed recently in CBD Vashi court against Haware, his brother Sanjay and sister-in-law Ujwala and two of his employees, D Taide and Mohandas, working in his construction firm -- Haware Engineers and Builders, a crime branch official said.
In May 2005, the victim, M M Thevar, had booked four offices at the IT Park in Navi Mumbai, constructed by Haware Engineers and Builders, police said.
The cost of the offices was Rs 68.56 lakh, of which 54 lakh was paid to the firm run by Haware and his family members, the chargesheet claimed, based on the complaint.
Thevar claimed that he had been trying to take possession of the property but in vain.
He had stated that the property he bought had been sold to Haware Infotech Park, which subsequently sold it to another party, according to the chargesheet.
Subsequently in April last year, Thevar had lodged a complaint with the Vashi police station following which an FIR was registered against Suresh Haware, Sanjay and Ujwala and the two other employees of his construction firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured