Two die of snake bite in Thane
Thane: A man and his six-year-old daughter died of snake bite in the tribal Mokhada taluka of Thane district, health officials said Wednesday.
Chandar Wagh (35) and his duaghter Rani were reportedly bitten by a snake when they were asleep in their house on Monday night.
While the girl collapsed in sleep, Chandar was rushed to Mokhada Rural hospital where he succumbed yesterday, hospital`s medical officer Dr B G Gore said, adding that both were bit by a poisonous snake.
In the last three days, there have been three deaths due to snake bite in the area.
In an earlier incident, three girls were attacked by a snake. While one died of the bite, one was still in a critical condition in hospital, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag
- WATCH: Fan girl proposes Zaheer Khan with 'I Love You' message during live match
- Your depressed better-half can make you sad too!
- 70% want Narendra Modi to be PM till 2024, 62% happy with his performance: Survey
- Chhota Rajan faces death threat from Chhota Shakeel while in Tihar