Two die of snake bite in Thane
Thane: A man and his six-year-old daughter died of snake bite in the tribal Mokhada taluka of Thane district, health officials said Wednesday.
Chandar Wagh (35) and his duaghter Rani were reportedly bitten by a snake when they were asleep in their house on Monday night.
While the girl collapsed in sleep, Chandar was rushed to Mokhada Rural hospital where he succumbed yesterday, hospital`s medical officer Dr B G Gore said, adding that both were bit by a poisonous snake.
In the last three days, there have been three deaths due to snake bite in the area.
In an earlier incident, three girls were attacked by a snake. While one died of the bite, one was still in a critical condition in hospital, sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.