Two die of snake bite in Thane
Thane: A man and his six-year-old daughter died of snake bite in the tribal Mokhada taluka of Thane district, health officials said Wednesday.
Chandar Wagh (35) and his duaghter Rani were reportedly bitten by a snake when they were asleep in their house on Monday night.
While the girl collapsed in sleep, Chandar was rushed to Mokhada Rural hospital where he succumbed yesterday, hospital`s medical officer Dr B G Gore said, adding that both were bit by a poisonous snake.
In the last three days, there have been three deaths due to snake bite in the area.
In an earlier incident, three girls were attacked by a snake. While one died of the bite, one was still in a critical condition in hospital, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes