Unseasonal rains lash Nashik; 1killed in lightning
Nashik: A youth was killed after being struck by lightning near here as unseasonal rains lashed several parts of the district disrupting normal life, police sources said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at village Babhulga in Satana taluka of this North Maharashtra district.
Nashik city and its adjoining areas experienced unseasonal rains, hail storm and strong winds, resulting in disruption in power supply in several last evening.
Trees and roadside hoardings fell due to stormy winds at several places but no one was injured, they said.
Rainwater entered the record room in District Collector`s office. The downpour damaged onion crop and flooded some low-lying areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday