Unseasonal rains lash Nashik; 1killed in lightning
Nashik: A youth was killed after being struck by lightning near here as unseasonal rains lashed several parts of the district disrupting normal life, police sources said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at village Babhulga in Satana taluka of this North Maharashtra district.
Nashik city and its adjoining areas experienced unseasonal rains, hail storm and strong winds, resulting in disruption in power supply in several last evening.
Trees and roadside hoardings fell due to stormy winds at several places but no one was injured, they said.
Rainwater entered the record room in District Collector`s office. The downpour damaged onion crop and flooded some low-lying areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre