Woman done to death by in-laws in Navi Mumbai
Thane: In a gruesome incident, a young
married woman was allegedly clubbed to death and later
dumped on to the railway tracks in Navi Mumbai, Thane rural
police said today.
PSI Hemant Patil of the Nalla Sopara police station
said the victim Shreya (23) was married to one Sandeep
Jagtap of Achole on May 15 2011.
Just within one and a half month of marriage the in-laws
started harassing and abusing her.
In October last year, they hit her with a sharp and blunt
object and left her to die.
They later disposed of her body on the railway tracks
between Khandeshwar and Panvel railway stations, to make it
look like a suicide.
It was based on the complaint by the victim’s father
Sripad Kasare last night that offences were registered
against six member of the Jagtap family.
Their names were given as Sandeep Jagtap, Srekha T
Jagtap, Tanaji Jagtap, Pradeep Jagtap, Lalita Jagtap and Geeta
All have been booked under sections 302,498-A, 201 rw
34 of the IPC, police said adding further investigations into
the case are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’