Woman done to death by in-laws in Navi Mumbai
Thane: In a gruesome incident, a young
married woman was allegedly clubbed to death and later
dumped on to the railway tracks in Navi Mumbai, Thane rural
police said today.
PSI Hemant Patil of the Nalla Sopara police station
said the victim Shreya (23) was married to one Sandeep
Jagtap of Achole on May 15 2011.
Just within one and a half month of marriage the in-laws
started harassing and abusing her.
In October last year, they hit her with a sharp and blunt
object and left her to die.
They later disposed of her body on the railway tracks
between Khandeshwar and Panvel railway stations, to make it
look like a suicide.
It was based on the complaint by the victim’s father
Sripad Kasare last night that offences were registered
against six member of the Jagtap family.
Their names were given as Sandeep Jagtap, Srekha T
Jagtap, Tanaji Jagtap, Pradeep Jagtap, Lalita Jagtap and Geeta
All have been booked under sections 302,498-A, 201 rw
34 of the IPC, police said adding further investigations into
the case are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'