136 govt officials under CVC scanner for alleged graft
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission has recommended action against 136 officials working in various government departments for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Of the total, a highest of 32 are working in Department of Telecommunications, 17 in State Bank of India, 11 in Ministry of Railways and nine in Bank of India among others.
Besides, seven officials working in Central Board of Excise and Customs and four officials each in Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Indian Council for Agricultural Research, Municipal Corporation of Delhi, Metal Scrap Trade Corporation and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited have been recommended major penalty, the CVC said in its performance report for September.
"Commission processed 2,424 complaints (including 38 whistle blower) during the month and sought investigation or factual report in 55 complaints from the concerned ministries, departments or organisations," it said.
On the advice of the Commission, the competent authorities imposed major penalties in respect of 95 officials of various ministries or departments, which include a General Manager from Syndicate Bank, a Scientist-E grade of Bureau of Indian Standards, an Executive Engineer from Ministry of Urban Development and cut in pension effected of an IAS officer, the report said.
The Chief Technical Examination`s wing of the Commission effected recovery of Rs 3.51 crore after examination of public works including procurement carried out by different government organisation, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation