136 govt officials under CVC scanner for alleged graft
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission has recommended action against 136 officials working in various government departments for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Of the total, a highest of 32 are working in Department of Telecommunications, 17 in State Bank of India, 11 in Ministry of Railways and nine in Bank of India among others.
Besides, seven officials working in Central Board of Excise and Customs and four officials each in Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Indian Council for Agricultural Research, Municipal Corporation of Delhi, Metal Scrap Trade Corporation and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited have been recommended major penalty, the CVC said in its performance report for September.
"Commission processed 2,424 complaints (including 38 whistle blower) during the month and sought investigation or factual report in 55 complaints from the concerned ministries, departments or organisations," it said.
On the advice of the Commission, the competent authorities imposed major penalties in respect of 95 officials of various ministries or departments, which include a General Manager from Syndicate Bank, a Scientist-E grade of Bureau of Indian Standards, an Executive Engineer from Ministry of Urban Development and cut in pension effected of an IAS officer, the report said.
The Chief Technical Examination`s wing of the Commission effected recovery of Rs 3.51 crore after examination of public works including procurement carried out by different government organisation, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks