‘200 IPS officers fail to submit property returns’
New Delhi: Over 200 Indian Police Service (IPS) officers have not submitted their Immovable Property Returns (IPRs) for 2010, the government on Tuesday said.
"Of the total 3,242 IPS officers, IPRs from 209 IPS officers for the year 2010 have not been received by Home Affairs Ministry," Minister of State for Home Affairs Jitendra Singh told Lok Sabha in a written reply.
Of the total, a highest of 48 such officers are of Uttar Pradesh cadre, 29 Karnataka, 22 Bihar, 14 Maharashtra, 13 Kerala, 11 Punjab, 10 each of Assam and Meghalaya cadres, nine of West Bengal, seven each of Manipur and Tripura cadres, six Tamil Nadu and five each of Haryana and Jammu and Kashmir.
Besides, four IPS officers each of Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand cadres, three each of Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Odisha and Rajasthan, and two each of Arunachal Pradesh-Goa- Mizoram-Union Territories (AGMU), Sikkim and Uttarakhand and one each IPS officers of Madhya Pradesh and Nagaland cadre have not given their IPRs, the minister said.
Singh said the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has made suitable amendment in All India Service (Conduct) Rules, 1968, on September 7, 2011 stating that the All India Service officers who have not submitted their IPR in time "would be denied vigilance clearance and will not be considered for empanelment in Government of India".
The MHA has issued instructions of the state governments and UTs insisting timely submission of IPRs by the IPS officers, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in