‘200 IPS officers fail to submit property returns’
New Delhi: Over 200 Indian Police Service (IPS) officers have not submitted their Immovable Property Returns (IPRs) for 2010, the government on Tuesday said.
"Of the total 3,242 IPS officers, IPRs from 209 IPS officers for the year 2010 have not been received by Home Affairs Ministry," Minister of State for Home Affairs Jitendra Singh told Lok Sabha in a written reply.
Of the total, a highest of 48 such officers are of Uttar Pradesh cadre, 29 Karnataka, 22 Bihar, 14 Maharashtra, 13 Kerala, 11 Punjab, 10 each of Assam and Meghalaya cadres, nine of West Bengal, seven each of Manipur and Tripura cadres, six Tamil Nadu and five each of Haryana and Jammu and Kashmir.
Besides, four IPS officers each of Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand cadres, three each of Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Odisha and Rajasthan, and two each of Arunachal Pradesh-Goa- Mizoram-Union Territories (AGMU), Sikkim and Uttarakhand and one each IPS officers of Madhya Pradesh and Nagaland cadre have not given their IPRs, the minister said.
Singh said the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has made suitable amendment in All India Service (Conduct) Rules, 1968, on September 7, 2011 stating that the All India Service officers who have not submitted their IPR in time "would be denied vigilance clearance and will not be considered for empanelment in Government of India".
The MHA has issued instructions of the state governments and UTs insisting timely submission of IPRs by the IPS officers, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145