26/11 attacks: Abu Jundal’s voice sample taken
New Delhi: The security agencies on Saturday collected the voice sample of arrested 26/11 attacks handler Abu Jundal, even as his interrogation continues to piece together the missing links in the Mumbai attacks controversy.
Jundal’s voice sample would be matched with that of one intercepted during the Mumbai attacks of November 2008.
If the two samples match, India would have one solid evidence to nail Pakistan at the international fora. Even though it’s clear the 26/11 attacks were directed from Pakistan, the matching of samples would provide concrete evidence which Islamabad has been demanding to take action in the case.
On Friday night, Pakistan Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik called on India to provide more details about Abu Jundal and said criminals using "fake" passports cannot be Pakistani.
"Pakistan expects to receive a copy of the statement of (Jundal). I expect to have original passport claimed to have been allegedly given by (Pakistan)," Malik wrote in a message posted on Twitter late last night.
Indian authorities have said that Abu Jundal, who is an Indian citizen, had travelled to Saudi Arabia on a Pakistani passport.
In recent interactions with the media, Malik has questioned whether the passport used by Ansari was genuine.
India had on Friday asked Pakistan to admit that Abu Jundal had found a safe haven on its soil and had masterminded the attacks on the Indian megapolis.
Home Minister P Chidambaram said he was willing to admit that Abu Jundal is an Indian, just as Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik claimed a couple of days ago.
Chidambaram said he expected Pakistan to admit facts relating to the terror suspect having set up a "control room" in Karachi and having trained the 10 terrorists who attacked Mumbai in November 2008.
The attacks, at key locations and landmarks of Mumbai, claimed the lives of 166 people, including many foreign nationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced