26/11: Jundal directed Chabad House terrorists
New Delhi: Key 26/11 handler Abu Jundal, during his interrogation, has reportedly admitted that he gave instructions to Abu Al Kasa, one of the ten terrorists who carried the mayhem across Mumbai in 2008, to kill Jewish people in Chabad House on November 27.
It is being learnt that Abu Jundal, also known as Abu Hamza, had given directions to terrorists at Trident Oberoi hotel on November 27.
Jundal was one of the Pakistani handlers who was giving instructions to the 26/11 terrorists. He reportedly identified targets for the 26/11 attacks.
The attacks which began on 26 November and lasted until Saturday, 29 November 2008, killed 166 people.
The places which were attacked during the biggest terrorist strike in the country were - Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, The Oberoi Trident, the Taj Mahal Palace & Tower, Leopold Cafe, Cama Hospital, the Nariman House Jewish community centre, the Metro Cinema, and a lane behind the Times of India building and St Xavier`s College. Besides these there were two explosions, one at Mazagaon and another in a taxi at Vile Parle.
Earlier, Jundal had reportedly admitted that Pakistani terror agency Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) is expanding its naval wing to carry out more terror strikes.
During interrogations, he reportedly confessed his role in the country`s worst terror attack and admitted that he was present in the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) control room in Karachi and was giving direction to the 10 terrorists who carried out the strike.
The 26/11 handler gave a deep insight into the situation at `Karachi control room` monitoring the Mumbai attack, sources said.
Jundal reportedly told the investigative agencies that officials of ace Pakistani intelligence agency Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) ran the control room along with senior Lashkar commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi. Jundal had reportedly worked in close tandem with Lakhvi.
During the interrogations, the LeT handler reportedly admitted that ISI destroyed 26/11 control room in Karachi after the arrest of Lakhvi from Pak Occupied Kashmir.
According to national security agencies, Jundal is the highest ranked Indian in terror outfit LeT and his questioning is proving to be a key link in establishing the involvement of Pakistan state actors in the Mumbai terror attacks.
Intelligence source indicate that that he was recruited by a Kashmir-based Lashkar operative in 2005. A young Jundal is said to have been indoctrinated in those post-Gujarat-riot years. He allegedly got involved in planning for the 26/11 Mumbai terror operation at the beginning of 2008.
Sources say Jundal, as the Indian in the group, was the one who trained the terrorists who attacked Mumbai on what to wear, what to say etc. He who belongs to Beed in Maharashtra, speaks Marathi, Urdu, Hindi and also a bit of Arabic.
Jundal was recently arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in connection with terrorism related cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you