2G scam: Raja says all decisions taken with PM
New Delhi: Indicted in the draft JPC report, former Telecom Minister A Raja on Monday hit back maintaining that "every major decision", including entry fee and non auction of spectrum, was taken after consulting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and P Chidambaram and Pranab Mukherjee .
"I took no unilateral decisions. Every major decision of mine was taken after consultation first with the DoT officers and thereafter with the Hon`ble PM, FM (Finance Minister P Chidambaram) and EAM (then External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee who was heading a GoM on vacation of spectrum).
"All issues including entry fee, non auction of spectrum, FCFS (first-come-first-served), processing of applications till 25.09.2007, etc., were personally discussed by me with the Hon`ble PM and the DoT proceeded only thereafter," he said.
In his over 100-page statement to JPC chief P C Chacko written after the draft report was circulated to panel members last week, Raja strongly rebutted the charge in the draft report that he had misled the Prime Minister when he took decisions.
He demanded recording of his statement and that of the Prime Minister before coming to conclusions.
"Since it has often been alleged that I `misled` the honourable Prime Minister, I wish to deal with this issue here. I would first of all point out that this allegation has been made by the CBI, without even recording the statement of the PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon