2G scam: Raja says all decisions taken with PM
New Delhi: Indicted in the draft JPC report, former Telecom Minister A Raja on Monday hit back maintaining that "every major decision", including entry fee and non auction of spectrum, was taken after consulting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and P Chidambaram and Pranab Mukherjee .
"I took no unilateral decisions. Every major decision of mine was taken after consultation first with the DoT officers and thereafter with the Hon`ble PM, FM (Finance Minister P Chidambaram) and EAM (then External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee who was heading a GoM on vacation of spectrum).
"All issues including entry fee, non auction of spectrum, FCFS (first-come-first-served), processing of applications till 25.09.2007, etc., were personally discussed by me with the Hon`ble PM and the DoT proceeded only thereafter," he said.
In his over 100-page statement to JPC chief P C Chacko written after the draft report was circulated to panel members last week, Raja strongly rebutted the charge in the draft report that he had misled the Prime Minister when he took decisions.
He demanded recording of his statement and that of the Prime Minister before coming to conclusions.
"Since it has often been alleged that I `misled` the honourable Prime Minister, I wish to deal with this issue here. I would first of all point out that this allegation has been made by the CBI, without even recording the statement of the PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing