42 terror camps in Pak, PoK; 270 terrorists enter India in 3 years
New Delhi: Forty-two terror training camps are operating in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir and nearly 270 terrorists have entered into Jammu and Kashmir from across the border through LoC in the last three years, government said on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said there were 1000 attempts of infiltration by terrorists from Pakistan and (PoK) through the LoC between 2010-12.
Singh informed Lok Sabha that 160 terrorists were killed by security forces while trying to infiltrate while 570 others went back to the other side of the border due to strict vigil by security forces.
However, he said, 95 terrorists could infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir in 2010, 52 could infiltrate in 2011 and 121 could infiltrate in 2012.
The minister said Jammu and Kashmir has been facing Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, spearheaded by Pakistani intelligence agency ISI for more than 20 years.
Singh said terrorists have been undergoing arms and explosives training and indoctrination in fundamentalist ideology across the border after which they are pushed across the border into Indian side to indulge in acts of terrorism.
"They are provided all kinds of assistance including money and material from across the border. Currently, there are reports of 42 training camps located in Pakistan and PoK," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj