72 incidents of near-miss since 2010: Govt
New Delhi: A total of 72 incidents of two aircraft coming close to each other have been reported from 2010 till date in the country but most of them had "no risk of collision", Minister of State for Civil Aviation, KC Venugopal told the Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
He also said that since January last year, there had been 20 cases of emergency or rough landings due to medical and technical reasons by the airlines in the country.
In a written reply, Venugopal said that in 2010, 22 incidents of near-miss were reported, out of which only two were of the category "safety not assured" while rest were of "no risk of collision".
In 2011, there were 29 cases, of which three were of the category "safety not assured" while rest were of "no risk of collision".
Last year, the number of such incidents dropped to 18 and all were of "no risk of collision" while this year, three cases have been reported in January in Kolkata and Chennai region, he said.
In reply to a separate question, the Minister told the House that there were 20 cases of emergency or rough landings due to medical and technical reasons since January last year.
Of these, two were due to the fault of cockpit crew while one was due to lightning strike, rest were because of medical reasons.
While replying to a separate question, Venugopal said Airports Authority of India, the state-owned airport operator, had collected a total of Rs 150.72 crore as parking charges from private aircraft across the country during the last financial year (2011-12).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?