875 police personnel awarded on Republic Day
New Delhi: A total of 875 police and paramilitary personnel have been decorated by the President for gallantry and outstanding services on Republic Day eve with CRPF topping the list.
Constable Daler Singh (posthumous) from Jammu and Kashmir is the lone recipient of the President`s Police Medal for Gallantry (PPMG) this time, a Home Ministry statement said on Friday.
Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) has been awarded to 115 personnel, President`s Police Medal for Distinguished Service to 88 officials and Police Medal for Meritorious Service to 671 personnel.
"37 personnel have been awarded Correctional Service Medals- President`s Correctional Service Medals for Distinguished Service to five, Correctional Service Medals for Meritorious Service to 29 and President`s Correctional Service Medal for Gallantry to three persons," the statement said.
The CRPF -- country`s lead force for conducting anti-Naxal operations, has emerged as the lead organisation with 95 medals under all categories.
The force also got a maximum of 32 gallantry medals, majority of them in anti-Maoist operations domain.
Personnel of Jammu and Kashmir police have been awarded 21 President`s medals for gallantry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani