875 police personnel awarded on Republic Day
New Delhi: A total of 875 police and paramilitary personnel have been decorated by the President for gallantry and outstanding services on Republic Day eve with CRPF topping the list.
Constable Daler Singh (posthumous) from Jammu and Kashmir is the lone recipient of the President`s Police Medal for Gallantry (PPMG) this time, a Home Ministry statement said on Friday.
Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) has been awarded to 115 personnel, President`s Police Medal for Distinguished Service to 88 officials and Police Medal for Meritorious Service to 671 personnel.
"37 personnel have been awarded Correctional Service Medals- President`s Correctional Service Medals for Distinguished Service to five, Correctional Service Medals for Meritorious Service to 29 and President`s Correctional Service Medal for Gallantry to three persons," the statement said.
The CRPF -- country`s lead force for conducting anti-Naxal operations, has emerged as the lead organisation with 95 medals under all categories.
The force also got a maximum of 32 gallantry medals, majority of them in anti-Maoist operations domain.
Personnel of Jammu and Kashmir police have been awarded 21 President`s medals for gallantry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa