875 police personnel awarded on Republic Day
New Delhi: A total of 875 police and paramilitary personnel have been decorated by the President for gallantry and outstanding services on Republic Day eve with CRPF topping the list.
Constable Daler Singh (posthumous) from Jammu and Kashmir is the lone recipient of the President`s Police Medal for Gallantry (PPMG) this time, a Home Ministry statement said on Friday.
Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) has been awarded to 115 personnel, President`s Police Medal for Distinguished Service to 88 officials and Police Medal for Meritorious Service to 671 personnel.
"37 personnel have been awarded Correctional Service Medals- President`s Correctional Service Medals for Distinguished Service to five, Correctional Service Medals for Meritorious Service to 29 and President`s Correctional Service Medal for Gallantry to three persons," the statement said.
The CRPF -- country`s lead force for conducting anti-Naxal operations, has emerged as the lead organisation with 95 medals under all categories.
The force also got a maximum of 32 gallantry medals, majority of them in anti-Maoist operations domain.
Personnel of Jammu and Kashmir police have been awarded 21 President`s medals for gallantry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?