875 police personnel awarded on Republic Day
New Delhi: A total of 875 police and paramilitary personnel have been decorated by the President for gallantry and outstanding services on Republic Day eve with CRPF topping the list.
Constable Daler Singh (posthumous) from Jammu and Kashmir is the lone recipient of the President`s Police Medal for Gallantry (PPMG) this time, a Home Ministry statement said on Friday.
Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) has been awarded to 115 personnel, President`s Police Medal for Distinguished Service to 88 officials and Police Medal for Meritorious Service to 671 personnel.
"37 personnel have been awarded Correctional Service Medals- President`s Correctional Service Medals for Distinguished Service to five, Correctional Service Medals for Meritorious Service to 29 and President`s Correctional Service Medal for Gallantry to three persons," the statement said.
The CRPF -- country`s lead force for conducting anti-Naxal operations, has emerged as the lead organisation with 95 medals under all categories.
The force also got a maximum of 32 gallantry medals, majority of them in anti-Maoist operations domain.
Personnel of Jammu and Kashmir police have been awarded 21 President`s medals for gallantry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez