`9 fake agencies found luring people with false jobs in KCC`
New Delhi: As many as nine fake agencies have been found conning people by offering jobs in the name of Kisan Call Centre or similar names, Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Agriculture Tariq Anwar replied in affirmative to a question whether the government was aware about fake agencies luring the unemployed youth by asking for security money to get employment in the name of bogus letterheads of Kisan Call Centres.
In the written reply to Lok Sabha, Anwar listed out the name and address of nine fake agencies that "indulged in fraudulent advertisements on employment in the name Kisan Call Centre or names alike".
"These fraudulent entities have been issuing advertisements in various names having strong resemblance with the government of India scheme `Kisan Call Centre`. In some cases, website addresses have also been given to lend credence to such bogus advertisements," Anwar said.
The Minister said selected candidates were asked to deposit a security amount ranging from Rs 6,000-20,500 in a given bank account number and fake offer letters were also issued.
Giving details about the action taken, he said complaints received from affected candidates and other sources were reported to Delhi Police for investigating the matter and informed that "two cases have been registered by police".
"The matter has also been taken up with the Central Bureau Of Investigation to get the matter thoroughly investigated to bring the perpetrators of this serious offence to book", he added.
That apart, Anwar said all Kisan Call Centres, under the central scheme, have been advised to guide and alert the public who call on toll free number seeking clarification on any such fraudulent advertisements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling