96 officers join CRPF, set to be deployed in Naxal hotbeds
Gurgaon: Ninety-six officers, including four women, were on Saturday commissioned in the country`s largest paramilitary force CRPF at a ceremony here.
The Directly Appointed Gazetted Officers (DAGOs) will join the paramilitary as Assistant Commandants (ACs) and will lead the troops of the force which is the mainstay for anti-Naxal operations in the country.
Union Minister of State for Home RPN Singh took the salute at the passing-out ceremony at the officers` training academy at Kadarpur near here.
The trainee officers have undergone a 55-week training in counter-insurgency operations, jungle warfare, human rights, shooting skills, unarmed combat among others.
CPRF chief Pranay Sahay, during the event, asked the newly inducted officers to "lead from the front" and set a good example.
AC Rajesh Kumar was adjudged the best all round trainee as he won the Home Minister`s Cup and the Sword of Honour.
The CRPF, at present, has a strength of about 3-lakh personnel. Almost 70,000 CRPF troopers have been deployed for anti-Maoist operations duties in various Naxal hit states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan